‘Exploring Settlements, Territories, and Green Lines’ is an online, cohort-based course that enables people involved in Jewish and Israel education to develop a more nuanced and multi-dimensional understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Through the course, participants:
- Engage in live, online conversations with Israelis and Palestinians from across the political spectrum.
- Experience virtual, immersive tours of some of the conflict’s hotspots.
- Discuss and process experiences and thoughts with cohort peers and program staff.
- Learn new skills and tools to facilitate potentially charged and challenging conversations on the conflict.
2021 saw us successfully launch the course and run three cohorts for 60 North American educators. In early evaluation findings by Rosov Consulting, participants shared that they felt they had gained new knowledge and understanding, even when they came to the course with extensive prior familiarity with the content. Almost all felt strongly that they gained an ability to incorporate new ideas into their own educational programs. Participants also noted that they felt comfortable sharing their thinking and perspectives on various issues.
Our 2022 Schedule:
All sessions run from 12:30-2:30pm Eastern / 9:30-11:30 am Pacific:
- Cleveland Community, Educators and Professionals (full): Tuesdays, January 18, February 1, 15; March 1, 15, 29, April 12, 26
- Professionals working with teens and young adults: Wednesdays, March 9, 23, 30; April 6, 20, 27; May 11, 18
- Congregational School Teachers and Youth Group Leaders: (three-part mini-course): Sundays, December 4, 11, 18
- For more information, contact the Program Manager, Danny Weininger: DannyW@Jafi.org
We have a set of dates reserved in the Fall/Winter 2022 for a local cross-organizational cohort – if you’re interested in finding out more, please contact Danny at DannyW@Jafi.or