TalkSpace – Creating a place on campus for meaningful conversation about Israel
Talkspace is a ten-session course developed for students and young adults. Ideal for post-birthrighters, this course digs deeper into Israel and Jewish identity. Demanding yet engaging, activities involve multi-media, discussion, and values exploration. Talkspace has already been implemented very successfully in several Hillel’s in North America.
Table of Contents
- Israel As We See It: Establishing a Baseline of Personal Connections to Israel
- Land & People: Connection & Ambivalence
- Our Jewishness & the Jewishness of Israelis: Can Judaism Be Defined?
- Beyond Israel: Zionism‘s Impact on Jewishness Everywhere
- Immigration & Growth: Dreams & Realities
- Standing, Not Singing: Israeli Arabs, Hatikvah, and Symbol-Making in the Jewish State
- L’Dor va-Dor, From Generation to Generation: Presence of The Conflict in Israeli Society
- Israel and the Diaspora(s): Centers and Peripheries of Jewish Life and Thought
- Israel Towards the Next Sixty: Old and New Challenges of the 21st Century
- Wrapping Up & Moving On: Israel in Our Lives