The materials in this curriculum seek to help students understand the history and dynamics of the Jewish community, to help them appreciate the community that surrounds them, and to encourage them to see it as a positive entity that in their deepened understanding and heightened awareness, they might wish to join and in which they might want to play an active part.
The curriculum is made up of four units, which include a total of seventeen distinct lessons/chapters.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
UNIT ONE: Today’s Jewish world
UNIT TWO: The Historical Framework for understanding the Story.
- Chapter two: The Jewish People’s story, the early period
- Chapter three: The Jewish People’s story, the pre-modern period
- Chapter four: The Jewish People’s story, the modern period
UNIT THREE: The Dynamics of Jewish Community
- Chapter five: The place and role of Jewish community in time and space.
- Chapter six: The structure and institutions of the Jewish community.
- Chapter seven: Changes in the Jewish community after modernity
UNIT FOUR: The Community Section
- Chapter eight: the Jews of the United States.
- Chapter nine: the Jews of Canada
- Chapter ten: the Jews of Argentina
- Chapter eleven: the Jews of France
- Chapter twelve: the Jews of Hungary
- Chapter thirteen: the Jews of Germany
- Chapter fourteen: the Jews of South Africa
- Chapter fifteen: the Jews of Australia
- Chapter sixteen: the Jews of Great Britain
- Chapter seventeen: The long version: the Jews of Great Britain