How can we talk about Gaza with our students?
1 Day Makom Workshop for Hillel Professionals
Coming to your campus – first 30 workshops for free!
The current conflict in Gaza has brought home two key understandings:
- The violent conflict with the Palestinians is going to be a recurring issue for campus in the coming years.
- Hillel professionals do not only need to be briefed as to how to engage in effective civil adversarial dialog – be it with friends or enemies of Israel: They need to be given the tools, understandings, and materials required for them to conduct deep honest dialogue with their own students about the meaning of the conflict to them as Jews.
Makom is touring a one-day workshop for Hillel professionals on how to talk with their diverse students about Israel in conflict.
The workshop is specifically aimed at Hillel professionals and para-professionals who are skilled at engagement and discussion facilitation, but who are not confident at Israel conversations.
The one-day workshop will give participants
- A practical non-partisan technique for making personal sense of the headlines.
- Space for their own particular opinions.
- Easily graspable strategies to invite and navigate complicated conversations.
- Online multi-media materials to draw upon.
- An ongoing platform to share ideas and concerns.
- Each workshop lasts 6 solid hours – 8 hours including food and coffee breaks.
- The campus itself will need to recruit and feed participants, and provide space and logistical back-up for the seminar.
- In order to book please register your details on this google doc, and we will connect with you directly.
- For more details contact Robbie Gringras – firstname.lastname@example.org