Touch Away Project
A Touch Away – the award-winning TV Series
A forbidden love story between secular Russian Israeli, Zorik, and his ultra-orthodox neighbor, Rochele. This beautifully acted, sensitively directed, and intelligently scripted Israeli TV series draws us inside two different aspects of Israel: the world of a Russian émigré family, and the world of a Bnei Brak haredi family. As the series develops, our stereotypes are filled out with nuance, our assumptions and expectations spin, as we wait with bated breath to see whether a crazy Romeo and Juliet-type love can conquer all!
What is the Touch Away Project?
This is an innovative project that develops a unique collaboration between independent home-based activity, and public communal events.
- The first seven episodes of the TV series Touch Away are distributed to 20 key connectors in the community, for them to see at home at their convenience.
- All are encouraged to view the episodes with friends, and to hand on the DVDs to others when they are finished.
- The series spreads virally throughout the community.
- The final cliff-hung episode #8 is screened at a public event in the congregation – all those who saw episode 1 thru 7 in private will be drawn to see the final episode together.
You will need:
- 20 DVD copies of episodes 1-7, together with legal permission to distribute 1 DVD copy of episode 8, together with public screening rights. Contact email@example.com for information.
- Coordinator’s Handbook
- Talking a Touch Away – questions for home viewing – pdf version
- Passing on a Touch pdf
- Powerpoint for the Touching Event